How many times have I found myself wishing for just a few more hours in the day! It seems no matter how organized, or how early I start to prepare for an outing, there is just never enough time to be on time! Rushing to eat lunch, rushing to get to school, rushing to get to sports....rushing, rushing, rushing...Well, its TIME TO STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES!
I've come to the realization that I don't need more time in a day! More time for what? More dishes, more laundry, more vacuuming, more kid's extra-curricular activities, more sibling rivalry? No more time please!
Here is what I am going to do with my time:
- Enjoy it!
- Savour it!
- Follow my children's lead and enjoy every minute on the walk to school!
- Sing with them in the car.
- Dance while we do chores.
- Stop cramming so much "extra" into every day.
- Stop and smell the flowers, literally.
- Stop and make a snowman.
- Dance in the puddles.
- Snuggle on the couch.
- Jump in the leaves.
- Swim with the fish.
- Bask in the sunshine.
- Have picnics.
- Build Forts.
- Go for walks in the woods.
- Enjoy doing absolutely nothing some days.
- Stop wishing I had more time.
How about starting a new tradition and making a "To-Do" list each night before bed with the kids on ONE thing each child wants to do the next day, and one thing each parent wants to do!
Now that is a "To-Do" list that EVERYONE will want to finish!